our history

Club of Comfort

1954

FROM THE TAILOR'S SHOP TO THE INDUSTRIAL COMPANY

Master tailor Johann Hinrichs founded the Hinrichs company in 1954 in Mittegroßefehn. At that time, he began making customised men's clothing for a small circle of customers in rented rooms. He took measurements from his customers and made the desired garment individually and according to the rules of the art. There were two or three fittings and then the new garment "fitted". Four years later, he moved to Ostgroßefehn to a larger workshop with his own shop.
Screenshot_140

1969

development at the grand feud site

At the beginning of the sixties, ready-made clothing began to outstrip the previous mainstay of made-to-measure clothing. The tailor's shop took its first step towards becoming an industrial enterprise with the series production of men's waistcoats. But it was the development of the company's own collection of men's trousers that brought the most resounding success. New employees were hired for this. Due to the constantly growing production, the workshop rooms soon became too small, so that the construction of an own factory building was started. The ambitious company proudly moved into its new headquarters in 1969.
work1969

1970-1989

COMPANY DEVELOPMENT AND PRODUCTION EXPANSION

Hinrich's trousers quickly became a big seller and the production of men's waistcoats was abandoned. In 1970, 200 pairs of trousers were already being produced daily. Due to the increasing demand for Hinrichs trousers, an extension in 1972 increased the production capacity from 200 to 400 trousers a day. In 1975, a further expansion of the company had become necessary in order to increase the production volume to
600 trousers per day. A fourth construction measure made it possible to produce 1000 pairs of men's trousers a day at the Großefehn site from 1977 onwards. Finally, in 1985, the storage capacity was increased and a new administration building was put into operation.
hinrichs-expansion1

PRODUCTION IN PRESOV

Every success needs to be defended, and so does the success of the Hinrichs company. At the beginning of the seventies, when competition in the clothing industry became increasingly fierce due to production abroad, the management reacted immediately. As early as 1972, contacts were made with what was then Czechoslovakia.
Through the Iron Curtain, the company placed contract orders with efficient Czech cooperation partners who could guarantee Hinrichs' high quality standard. Over the years, this contract production became a decisive factor. At an early stage, it made it possible to successfully counter competitive pressure through low-cost production.
production-in-presov

1990

TAKEOVER OF THE SCHWERIN PLANT OF VEB KLEIDERWERKE GÜSTROW

As one of the first investors in the new federal states, Hinrichs Bekleidungswerk GmbH took over a production facility in East Germany in 1990. Both the buildings and the machinery first had to be brought up to date with considerable investment. The employees were extensively trained for the requirements of the new technology, so that the factory was soon operating under market economy conditions. In September 1991, the factory was officially inaugurated in the presence of the then Minister of the Chancellor's Office, Rudolf Seiters. The Schwerin factory was entrusted with the production of more than 1000 parts a day, which were sent to the main plant in
Großefehn were delivered.
production-cc

FIRST TALKS ON THE REALISATION OF A BRANCH PLANT IN LUBOTICE

encourage the successes. So the decision was made to intensify the commitment in the former CSFR, which had begun in 1972. With the opening of the Eastern markets after the fall of communism, the idea of a factory of one's own in the East became more firmly established and the first preliminary talks were held. The Hinrichs clothing factory was a welcome client and trading partner for the former Czechoslovakia. The visit of President Vaclav Havel in 1990 underlines this emphatically.
branch offices

1991-1993

APPEARANCE AND COLLECTIONS

Relaunch of the company image, in the course of a contemporary reorientation of the appearance and the revision of parts of the collections, the current company logo was created in 1991 and 1992. The redesign of the logo ...
hinrichs-neu

1994

PRODUCTION IN SLOVAKIA

Commissioning of the newly built branch factory in Lubotice/Presov In 1993, after long preliminary discussions and planning, the construction of the Hinrichs branch factory in Lubotice could be started. The plant has been in production since 1 June 1994. The trading company Mijosta s.r.o. in Presov, which has been part of the group since 1991, coordinates procurement and production in Slovakia. It distributes a collection specially designed for the Eastern European countries and handles imports and exports.
factory-slovakia

2004

50 YEARS OF HINRICHS CLOTHING FACTORY

With a production capacity of 2300 trousers per day, the Hinrichs group of companies achieves a total production of more than half a million trousers per year. The export quota is around 40%. 42 employees are employed at the headquarters in Großefehn ...
50 years of hinrichs

TOP RIDERS

The models of the "Club of Comfort" brand, which was developed and successfully placed on the market in 1996, have meanwhile advanced to the top of Hinrichs' product range, because the range of Club of Comfort trousers is equipped with a wealth of functional advantages that comfortably increase the utility value of the trousers. Men's trousers from Club of Comfort thus offer a benefit that is now appreciated by customers all over the world.
cc-logo-alt

2005

CC BRAND RELAUNCH

A good 10 years after the launch of the "Club of Comfort" brand, the logo, which is borrowed from the British style in terms of shape, colour and font, is being adapted to changing tastes over time. Slight modifications in the area of typography, made with recognition in mind, give the logo a more contemporary face.
cc brands relaunch

ECOLOGY

In addition to a contemporary product and brand presentation, a modern corporate philosophy also includes a pronounced awareness of ecological aspects. Thus, for the production of "Club of Comfort" trousers, predominantly textiles and ingredients tested for harmful substances are used, which are certified according to the strict guidelines of Standard 100 by Oeko-Tex®. In addition, emphasis is placed on sourcing outer fabrics and ingredients in Europe and also producing the garments there. This ensures that the production and finishing of the textiles is carried out under the strict ecological EU standards and that transport routes are kept as short as possible, thus avoiding unnecessary emissions that pollute the environment.
CC-oekologie

ECOLOGICAL AWARENESS

The installation of a 370 sqm rooftop photovoltaic system with an output of 43.5 kW on the company building in 2005 also stands for the pronounced ecological awareness. In the years that followed, extensive modernisation measures were implemented step by step (extensive roof insulation, new window fronts, modern daylight lighting), which noticeably reduced energy consumption. For the future, further ecological commitment is part of the company's compulsory programme. After all, every investment in serious environmental projects is an investment in a better future.
CC WERK Expansion

2017

THE BRAND RELAUNCH IN 2017

2017 saw a major relaunch for the Club of Comfort brand. The entire advertising presence was revised and the brand label was given a new, more masculine look.
In the meantime, the Club of Comfort brand is represented in 27 countries and continues to grow, also in terms of new major retail partnerships.
cc-logo-hg-white